Church in Odisha
Orissa, officially spelled Odisha, is a state of India, located on the South east coast
of India, by the Bay of Bengal. Bhubaneshwar is the capital of Odisha. Oriya (officially spelled Odia) is the official and most widely spoken language, spoken by three quarters of the population, total Population is 45.5 Millions. In religion Christians are 2.44%.
Church in Bhubaneswar:
In 2009, during visitation of persecuting Christianity in Odisha, Philip met a young man name Anjan who is ready to serve the Lord at any cost. In 2011, Anjan joined with our Ministry and Philip encouraged him to reach people and teach the Words of God and support him financially every month. Anjan was so encouraged by the Word of God, and started to work in the Mission field faithfully. He rented a home and started Sunday services and Bible study. Besides that, he is so interested in Children Ministries and he is running tuition and Sunday school program for the Children. Now he has 30 believers in his church.
See, What the Lord is doing in the Mission field….
Pastor Anjan with his family
- Kindly pray for Pastor Anjan and family that the Lord would protect them and strengthen to serve the Lord.
- Pastor Anjan desire is to have 200 believers by the end of 2020, Pray that God would bring more people into His fold.
- Pray that believers would grow in the Lord and be a effective witness for Christ for others.
- Pray for the Church building for our church assembly.
- Pray that the Lord would meet all the financial needs in the ministry.
- Pray that this church would bring a great harvest whole district of Odisha.